Communities In Schools (CIS) of Chicago is a nonprofit organization that works in partnership with Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and community organizations to help students stay in school and be successful. CIS of Chicago is an affiliate of Communities In Schools, Inc., a national nonprofit organization with offices in more than 150 different cities.
The mission of Communities In Schools of Chicago is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. The vision of CIS of Chicago is to ensure that every public school student in Chicago graduates from high school prepared to succeed. The organization’s core values are Impact, Integrity, Relationships, and Social Justice.
CIS of Chicago provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Tech Operations Coordinator
The Tech Operations Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the technology operations of the office, including monitoring and maintaining the equipment, office supplies and general support of the office space. This position works to support a variety of departments and is an integral part of the smooth functioning of the office and remote work environment.
- Manage hardware inventory (laptops, desktops, phones) inclusive of use training and triage; address needs of both PC (CPUs & laptops) and iOS (phones)
- Become familiar with staff needs and uses of technology and ensure that staff are trained to effectively to utilize hard technology (laptops, phones, printers, desktops) within their work scope; troubleshoot common hardware issues
- Assist in the design and implementation of internal project planning that requires hardware installations and upgrades
- Manage office equipment, space requests and supplies: maintain an inventory and order as needed, organize office and storage spaces, and assist with the preparation for out-of-the-ordinary office projects or initiatives
- Compile project purchase requests, track delivered packages and distribute supplies to proper recipients
- Assist in the seasonal maintenance of hard file backup
- Support committees as needed in projects and events (i.e. cybersecurity committee, celebrations committee, etc.)
- Attend regular program team planning sessions, individual supervision, and adhere to program operational procedures
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Understanding of and commitment to, the mission of Communities In Schools
- Ability to manage and be part of a supportive collaborative team
- Ability to learn processes for hardware set-up and general support
- Experience managing office spaces, supplies, and anticipating needs
- Ability to communicate professionally with diverse audiences
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail; excellent follow through
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task; performs well to deadlines
- Minimum of three years’ experience in technology /equipment support (both PC & iOS)
- Strong writing, organization and communication skills
- Strong customer service mindset
- Associate degree (or equivalent experience) required
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Work Environment: The Tech Operations Coordinator is an office-based role at our West Loop office (815 W. Van Buren St.).
Schedule: This position is a part-time, year-round position and follows CIS of Chicago’s holiday and vacation time calendar and corresponding policies (versus that of CPS).
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Tech Operations Coordinator.”