Help us make a difference in the life of a Chicago student!
Communities In Schools of Chicago (CIS of Chicago) is a nonprofit organization providing school-based case management and SEL services to Chicago Public Schools and the surrounding community organizations to help students stay in school. Our committed team of education and clinical professionals fosters social justice every day by providing thousands of Chicago public-school students with a network of support through both direct service and connecting them to the resources they need at no cost to their families.
At CIS, we recognize that our greatest asset is our people, and we offer them a people-first workplace. We encourage our team to bring their whole selves to work to create an environment that celebrates diversity and balance. Everyone’s unique contribution and perspective fuels our mission and successes. We encourage ownership, innovation, and career growth.
- Paid time off, including major holidays (July off!)
- Benefits commence on 31st day of employment
- 401(k) plan (with annual match)
- Potential annual merit increases
- Ongoing professional development and clinical hours towards licensure
- Staff-led organizational committees focused on Wellness, DEI, and Celebration
With a focus on school-based student engagement, the Student Support Manager will:
- Provide individual case management to 50 elementary, middle, or high school students, helping them address issues around academics, behavior, and attendance, while also supporting larger school climate initiatives
- Work collaboratively with school faculty and the community in addressing student barriers and opportunities, including membership on the school Behavioral Health Team or other related committee
- Maintain student casefiles, including timely case notes and other documentation
- Engage the wide scope of supports and community resources provided by the CIS of Chicago Partnerships Team
- Participate in regular team, organizational, and clinical team meetings
- Assist with other organizational and project activities, as needed
With the following skill sets:
- Experience delivering individual and group services and interventions with school-aged students
- Cultural competency in effectively working with and serving people differing in value systems, ethnicity, cultural backgrounds, language capabilities, and abilities
- Comfort in representing CIS of Chicago through site visits, speaking engagements, participation in community events, and occasional media opportunities
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as database experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling preferred (licensed or license-eligible a plus)
- At least three (3) years of experience working with adolescents, their families, and urban public schools is highly desired
- Must have a valid driver’s license and daily/reliable access to transportation
- A criminal background check and verification of past employment and education is required; in addition, candidates may not be on the CPS “Do Not Hire” list
CIS of Chicago was founded in 1988 and is an affiliate of Communities In Schools, Inc., a national nonprofit organization with offices in more than 150 different cities.
The mission of Communities In Schools of Chicago is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. The vision of CIS of Chicago is to ensure that every public-school student in Chicago graduates from high school prepared to succeed. The organization’s core values are Impact, Integrity, Relationships, and Social Justice.
CIS of Chicago provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please apply through this online form.